Friday, December 31, 2010

Another Owie!

Poor Smokey. On Wednesday he was running around in the snow, but by now it has gotten much more compact instead of the usual powder, and he ended up breaking a nail. He didn't let me take a good look, but I knew we had to head in to see Dr. Barr.
Turns out he did a great job at breaking the nail all the way down to the little bone. They trimmed it up and wrapped a bootie on him. He's on antibiotics and pain meds. We go in next week to get the bandage changed. I'm guessing it will take at least 3/4 weeks to heal.
He really hates it when I put on the outdoor bootie to prevent it from getting wet outside. He hops on three legs all over the place and will not put pressure on the foot. I know it it not pain, I think it is because he feels weird with the bandage on. No walks for a long time.

Poor Smokey, not the best way to ring in the New Year.

Wishing you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Smokey. My daughters dog lost her nail last spring right down to the bone. Took about 6 weeks to heal. Didn't slow her down much.
    Happy New Year
    Love Ruby & Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Smokey! Get well soon kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, look at that face. I just want to make a road trip and bring all that stipey goodness home. Even I am not crazy enough for three puppers though, such the shame. I fall in love with all your fosters. It's the eyes, always the eyes that get me.

    ReplyDelete